Thursday, September 18, 2008

I Read...

I read a part of a book that dealt with the Bible prophecies. This part of the book helps us to put trust in God’s promises. Like it took, for example, the city of Nineveh. This city was known for its cruelty and great power. But, God saw that they were wicked. These people would skin their victims alive and they would cut their body parts and sacrifice them alive. So, He sent the prophet Nahum to tell them to turn away from their bad course. If they didn’t listen then God told them, “ Nineveh…, a sword will cut you off… There is no relief for your catastrophe.” They did listen and they stopped practicing this cruelty. Yet, as the time went by they came back to their old ways. At this, in 632 B.C.E the Babylonians, Scythians and Medes besieged Nineveh. The floods destroyed its great walls. Making it easier for the enemies to attack them. So, in the end I learned that God keeps his promises. Therefore, we can fully trust that His word will not return to Him without results.

4 comments:

Tenzin said...

Sounds like a well written piece about the benefits and progresses that religion has on other countries.

Taka said...

ah!, I've read part of the bible and I've always thought it was interesting and moral, but sometimes the bible scares me, like in the way like i wouldn't use the pages for anything else, or a paper weight.

Emily said...

Sounds really deep! I like your position.

Emma said...

Great paragraph! I wouldn't be suprised if you became an author. Your page is really cool!